With the recent focus on decreasing response times to airshow accidents, it has become apparent that traditional emergency services are in most cases not nearly fast nor equipped well enough to do the job that is needed. FROST was created to service the unique needs created by the dynamics of an airshow, and to focus on one duty – SAVING LIVES.
Our police, fire, and First Responsder service providers are nothing short of heroic, and it is out of respect for them and the tremendous responsibility that an airshow places upon them that FROST has been brought to life. Our teams are specially trained to deploy rapid, industry-specific response to airshow incidents. We have selected high-quality, lightweight rescue and communication equipment that will allow us lightning fast mobility without compromising effectiveness.
Numerous items make our elite responders critically equipped to deal with these events:
- Familiarization with FROST’s comprehensive catalog of airshow performer aircraft and their many emergency egress systems.
- Trained to be first on the scene within 30 seconds with our only goal being to preserve human life
- Priority to initiate life-saving procedures in preparation for the arrival of onsite ARFF, EMS, CFR, etc.
- We utilize state-of-the-art rescue equipment selected and tested in the airshow environment
- Prepared and equipped for both land and water rescue
- Our staff are known and trusted by the airshow industry, because this is where we live
FROST has assembled our core team and will begin offering our services to North American airshows at ICAS 2016. We have our first round of funding secured and are actively seeking show contracts and sponsorships. From a feasibility standpoint, we are now able to deliver the first season and expect to expend to multiple teams in the near future as the concept takes hold.
Beyond the obvious enhancement to safety, some of the many benefits of having a FROST team at your airshow are:
- Enhancement to public safety is an extreme positive media draw
- Potential for reduced insurance premiums
- Access to sponsorships that may have otherwise not been interested
- Peace of mind for city and airport officials who may be concerned about the perceived risk of airshows
In summary, FROST is a safety execution team that is specifically designed and equipped to save the lives of airshow performers who are involved in an accident during an airshow. We have one purpose: save the life of that performer with the fastest, most effective response possible. With our industry-specific design, hand-picked team, and intimate knowledge of the aircraft and people in this industry, FROST is ready to bring a new level of safety and confidence to airshows.